Friday, March 22, 2013

Pattern Play - Lesson 1

Gosh, I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I've had a busy week. My hubby and I went up to San Francisco for a few days to visit his family and then a very dear friend of mine came to visit. I had lots of fun but boy, did I miss my card making! So today I stayed home and spent about 15 hours to make 3 cards. I'm also currently enrolled in another Online Card Making class and I had a lot of homework to catch up on. The class is called Pattern Play.
I always enjoy looking at patterned papers in craft stores and could never resist buying them. However, I also have a fear of using them. I tried a few times but they all turned out badly. So when this class became available I signed up right away. I am enjoying the class so much and learning a whole lot of fantastic tips from the instructors.

For Monday's lesson I made this card using three different pieces of patterned paper.

The colours are fun, they remind me of spring and Easter. The green chevron pattern even looks like an Easter egg. =P 

I used some Distressed Ink in Tea Dye to darken the edges so it would stand out from the card base.

I also added some twine at the bottom to 'tie' it all together. Hehe ^_^

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

1 comment:

  1. Great take on Kristina's card! Love the contrast between the base & your fun colored papers. And adding the extra circles on top really looks great & even adds another level/dimension to the card. Great card!
    From a fellow classmate (who is also behind in class & "homework" lol! - maybe I can get to another card today?!)

    ReplyDelete