Thursday, May 15, 2014

You're Very Special Watercolour Card

I can't remember which night it was, but I got really tired of watercolour painting and just couldn't come up with any new ideas. I stared and stared at my desk not knowing what to do and then spotted a package of white Prima Mulberry Flowers. I dumped the flowers out, played with them for a bit and decided to watercolour on them.

I diluted some Distress Re-inker Ink (in Peacock Feather) with different amounts of water to create different shades of colour. Then I soaked the flowers in the solutions and created these aqua coloured flowers.

I layered and glued the flowers in the top and bottom corners. The sentiment came from the Simon Says Stamps - Very Special stamp set.

I was lucky and found some enamel dots in matching colours, so I added them as well. 
I'm very pleased with this card, because it turned out much better than I anticipated.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment