Thursday, May 15, 2014

Have a Great Day Watercolour Card

While I was trying really hard to avoid using floral stamps for the majority of the class, I finally gave in on day 8. ALL of the instructors used floral stamps and painted them SO beautifully, I just couldn't resist.

Believe it or not, this card took me an entire day to finish! I hand painted all the flowers and it took way longer than expected! I majored in drawing for my undergrad degree so painting is not one of my strong suits. But I tried really hard and I guess it turned out... ok?

I kept the card simple. I used a frame die (it's an old one, so please don't ask me the name of it or the company who made it) to emboss a frame onto the card base. Then I cut out a smaller frame to paint my flowers on. I didn't paint the flowers from scratch, they came from a stamp set by Mama Elephant called Lovely Mums.

I painted the larger flower on the right first, so it turned out better. The one in the left corner turned out a little darker than I wanted, so I don't like it as much. The sentiment I used also came from Mama Elephant and the stamp set is called Tree Friends.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cheryl! Are you sure you haven't done this technique before?
    I did just one rose image and it took me a long time! I love this technique though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! One of the most beautiful cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete