Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thinking of You Watercolour Card

Here's another card I forgot to blog about earlier, so it's also out of order...

I made this card for day 6 of the class. Jennifer McGuire painted her stamped image using Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz Refill. But since I didn't have any, I mixed some Perfect Pearls into a small amount of water and created my own shimmer water to paint with. I tried several times to paint images using the shimmery water, but I just wasn't in the mood that day and all my attempts turned out horribly. Instead of dumping out all of the shimmery paints I made, I used them to make simple backgrounds... a whole lot of backgrounds.

I cut the background into two halves to create a space on the card base to stamp my sentiment. The sentiment came from the Simon Says Stamp - Banner Sayings stamp set.

You can see the shimmery background better in this picture.

This cutie pie came from The Greeting Farm's Super Secrete Stamp Club - #5 Hood. I painted her using watercolour markers and had lots of fun doing it!

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment