Tuesday, May 6, 2014

To the Stars and Back Watercolour Card

I made this card yesterday and had to wait for it to dry overnight before I could work with it. This is a technique taught by Jennifer Rzasa, called Soft Watercolour Wash Background (with Stencils). It didn't turn out as nicely as her example, but I had a tough time with it and this is the best I could do.

I painted the background using blue and yellow watercolours. Then I placed a stencil on top and waited overnight for it to dry. The watercolour puddled around the stencil and left the images as it dried.

I used Lawn Fawn's Lucky Stars stamp set for the sentiment. I stamped the heart with red ink and then put Glossy Accent over it. It's difficult to see in the picture, but I also covered the stamped stars with some clear Wink of Stella.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

1 comment: