Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blooming Day Watercolour Card

On the 5th and 6th days of class we learned to watercolour on stamped images. In class Jennifer Rzasa used a cityscape stamp image, so I looked through my stash and found some stamps I bought from Purple Onion when I first started cardmaking, one and a half years ago. I LOVE these stamps, but I don't use them often enough. Cause honestly, I just don't know how to incorporate them into my cards.

Obviously, I didn't plan this card out very well before I started. In my mind I thought it would be a good idea to leave the blank space... but now that the card is finished the blank space looks weird. I might go back and add a woodchip heart or flower in the center, I don't know... =\

I'm definitely going to make this card again, but instead of using brown colours to paint the other buildings I will stick to greys instead. That should make the coloured flower shop pop out even more.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card...the blank space looks like an alley or road so I'd leave it as is. I have a similar set ...with houses...from Paper Smooches but never know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete