Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Say Cheese Watercolour Card

For the second day of class we learned more techniques using watercolour to create backgrounds for cards. This card used Debby Hughes's Watercolour Background Stamping technique. I was also able to use a new (to me) stamp called Say Cheese by Lawn Fawn.

For the background I used Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers and Impression Obsession's Cover-a-Card-Circles background stamp. I inked the stamp with Distress Ink and misted it with water before stamping the image onto watercolour paper. I watercoloured the Polaroid camera using watercolouring markers I bought years ago in Japan, they are very similar to Distress Ink markers. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of Tim Holtz's Mirrored Sheet using StazOn Opaque ink in Cotton White.

I really liked how the background turned out. It's a neat effect and I would definitely use this technique again.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment