Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's Your Birthday Watercolour Card

Sorry my posts are a little out of order, I've tried to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I made this card on day 4 of the class, but when I was blogging my cards I forgot about this one, so here it is now...

On day 4 of the card class Yana Smakula taught a lesson on stamping with watercolour. I tried and tried... lost track of how many times I tried... and failed epically! So I finally gave up and made up my own technique. Maybe I can't call it my technique, because I'm sure someone out there has already done this before me. =P

First I watercoloured the background using two shades of Distress re-inker inks and dried it with my heat tool. Then I sprayed a background stamp a few times with plain water and then stamped it onto the background. The stamp picked up the paint from the background and left an imprint of the image. I repeated this 4 or 5 more times and resulted in this background. I like how it turned out, so I'll definitely be using this technique again!

I stamped a sentiment on white cardstock and created my own banner. I outlined the banner using the clear Ink of Stella Brush to make it stand out a little more and to match the pink stripes. You can't tell from the pictures, but the pink stripes in the middle panel were painted using perfect pearls mixed in water which created a shimmery effect. 

This is the inside of the card. Both the sentiments on the outside and inside of the card came from a stamp set called Say What by Mama Elephant.

Thanks for visiting and hope you will give my this technique a try,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment