Thursday, November 21, 2013

Masculine Holiday Card

Lesson 5 of the Holiday Card Workshop 2013 is focused on His and Her cards. Kristina Warner's card from her Holiday Card Series 2013 and Debby Hughes's His and Hers Snowflakes Card (from the card class) were definitely my inspirations.

The placement of the three snowflakes is a bit off. I think it would have looked better of everything was moved up half an inch. But all it can do/say now is "lesson learned". I have to do better planning next time. =P

The background was created using Gourmet Rubber Stamp's Creative Stencil - Chevron Stripes and Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough and Ice Spruce.
You may have noticed that the rhinestones I glued to the center of each of the snowflake doesn't "bling". That's because they came in the package like that... such poor quality products. Anyway, I tried to shine them back up using some clear nail polish, but I guess it reacted with the plastic on the rhinestone and it dulled them even more. However, they ended up looking like frosted translucent pearls. It's quite cool in real life. So I guess I can call that a happy accident?

The top left snowflake is a negative of a die cut snowflake. I placed a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrored Sheets behind to make it reflect and shine. The large one on the right was die cut out of some iridescent paper.

The small snowflake at the bottom was cut out of double sided adhesive and then covered in Recollection's Snow Glitter. The Merry Christmas sentiment was cut out of a piece of (originally white) card stock that I coloured with the same Distressed Inks as the background. (Whoops... I just realized I forgot to glue the tittle on the letter i in Christmas. Haha!)

Materials used:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough and Ice Spruce
- Recollection Iridescent Paper
- Recollection Glitter: Snow

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment