Friday, November 8, 2013

Christmas Card & Tag Sets, Part 3

It's been a few days since I posted new cards. So brace yourself... I have a whole bunch to show you guys!! ^_^

Fourth card & tag set
It's difficult to see it in the picture but I used an acetate card base for this card.


My sister requested a money holder inside this card. So I made a little envelope.

Inside the envelope is another little card with an area to write a message and a slot to put money in.

This is the front of the gift tag... Which I realized afterward that I didn't need to make one because the "gift" is going to be money... But I made one so I might as well share it too. =P

You may notice that I also used acetate as the tag base, similar to the matching card.

And this is the back of the card. I handwrote the "To" and "From".


Fifth card & tag set
I love this adorable stamp image called O Christmas Tree that I purchased from Kraftin Kimmie. The elf is the cutest and I feel sorry for the little tree. =P

I used a kraft card base and stamped little snowflakes all over in white pigment ink. It's subtle... maybe a little more than I would like it to be. 

I had trouble colouring her and the tree. This was my second try, but it's still not as good as I had hoped.

Inside of the card.

The matching gift tag.


Sixth card & tag set
This is a classy card with a lot of bling.

Hard to see it in the picture but the snowflakes (in the background) were die cut out of Pow Glitter Paper and I added a lot of little diamonds to the snowflakes. The tiny snowflakes near the sentiment are wood veneers embossed with silver embossing powder. I plan on making a quicky tutorial to show you how I made those. Hopefully I can get that posted soon.  

Inside of the card. I couldn't add crystals to this snowflake but it's still sparkly from the Pow Glitter Paper.

Front of the gift tag. I gave it the same treatment as the card, bling and all. Hehe ^^;

This is the back of the gift tag. I also handwrote the "To" and "From" on this tag. I added a tiny embossed wood veneer snowflake as a finishing touch.


Seventh card & tag set. 
This is a new Paper Smooches stamp and die set called Giddy Gumdrops. The set comes with a pair of gingerbread couple but I just couldn't fit them onto the card. 

The background paper was made using a piece of Heidi Swapp Specialty Cardstock. The cardstock has a chevron pattern that resists ink and paint. I used some Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks to colour it and created this background.

I "pleated" (is that the right term???) the ribbon to give the card some dimension.

I decorated the inside of the card with the same ribbon. 

This is the matching gift tag, also using that ribbon. 

That's all the Christmas card & tag sets for now... I think I need a break from them, but Christmas is approaching fast so this won't be a very long break. =P

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment