Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013 - Lesson 2

I recently enrolled in the Holiday Card Workshop 2013 taught by Kristina WarnerJennifer McGuire, and a bunch of talented guest artists.


Normally, I would create a card using the new techniques I learned from each lesson. However, the class started last week and it was a super busy week for me. So I was only able to create one card so far.

Lesson 2 focused on die cutting. I love love love die cutting, but I do it in the most basic way. Lesson 2 was all about taking die cutting to the next level. I learned a new technique called Layered Die-Cut Inlay from Jennifer McGuire. It's a very complicated technique but it creates a unique outcome. This is the card I made using this technique.


The card looks plain and not too exciting, but if you take a closer look...


You will notice that the tree lie flush with the brown patter paper. First I cut the tree out of the brown pattern paper. Then I cut the same tree out of green paper. To make the levels of the tree stand out from each other I added some Peeled Paint Distress Ink using a foam applicator. After all that I pieced the tree into the brown patter paper. Sounds complicated, doesn't it? It actually was... @_@
After all that crazy die-cut inlay I decided to just glue the star and the Merry Christmas sentiment on top. No more inlay... at least not for this card. Hahaha!

Materials used:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Festive Berries and Peeled Paint

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment