Friday, July 5, 2013

Sending Love

Hello friends, it has been a long while. But I have good reasons. First, my best friend, my little sister, and her boyfriend (who's also a dear friend of mine) flew down to LA to surprise me for my birthday! They were so amazing and I definitely had a (super) happy birthday this year!! They stayed for almost two weeks and I had such a blast hanging out with them and taking them to all sorts of fun places!

Second, I've been busy making lots of cards. I'm really wanting to set up shop over at Etsy. However, opening date is still to be determined because opening a shop is way more complicated than I thought! My biggest hurdle right now is shipping. I just don't know how to ship my cards and products safely without increasing the shipping prices for my customers. ~_~

Anywho, enough of my ranting. I want to share my most recent card that I just love it to bits! I made this card for a class I enrolled in called Summer Card Camp 2. It is starting on Monday and I can't wait for it to begin!


For this card I have to use all of the colours above. I love the combination of these colours. So elegant!


I used three different dies to create the butterfly, they are (in the order they are layered from bottom to top) Devonshire Butterfly, Chrissy Butterfly, and Leanna Butterfly, all by Simon Says Stamp.

I drew the dotted line with a white gel pen and then stamped the sentiment to match the curvature of the dotted line. The sentiment came from a stamp set called Handwritten Sentiments. The little hearts were hand drawn using a green and a peach coloured Souffle pen by Sakura. 

I just love how the butterfly turned out. So elegant and sophisticated! I added three little pearls in the center of the butterfly. The pears were originally white, but I coloured them with a Copic marker to match my butterfly.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that butterfly too -- BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marge! I keep finding myself reaching for those butterfly dies when I'm making my cards. They were a good purchase! = )

      Delete