Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nail Art: Neon Texture

Hi everyone, I don't have a new card to show you today, because I spend the entire night doing a new manicure. I bought the limited edition Texture nail polishes by China Glaze the other day. I had no idea what they meant by texture at first and I was really excited to play with the polishes. However, I don't think the "texture" turned out very well on all of my fingers. I will have to play with them some more and see if I can get a better effect next time. So here's what my manicure looks like.

So what I did with this manicure is I first painted my nails with the China Glaze Liquid Leather polish. Then I painted a coat of China Glaze Matte Magic to give the black polish a matte finish (which is also my latest obsession). Afterwards I free-hand painted each of the China Glaze Texture polish onto each nail. And that's it.
You can see the texture (bumpies) on my thumb and pinky nail, but the others ones are almost smooth looking. I'm also wondering if this texture effect can be achieved by 'stamping' a makeup sponge onto regular polish while it is still wet.

I love the neon colours especially against a black background. I think this manicure is perfect for the summer!

Here's a picture of all the polishes. There is supposed to be one more colour in the series, but I was too late and they were sold out of that colour by the time I got to the store. Maybe if I am really desperate I can buy it online, but I'm not, so it's all good. I now have 5 colours to go on my 5 fingers. = )
Names of the polishes from left to right: Unrefined; Of Coarse!; Itty, Bitty, Gritty; In the Rough; and Toe-TallyTextured. I think the missing colour is called Bump & Grind, which is a really dark pink colour (and I'm totally fine with missing that colour =P).

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment