Monday, June 10, 2013

Thank You Cards

These cards are made for a couple of ladies who work at the Loius Vuitton in Calgary. They have been really amazing since the first time we met them many years ago. Their customer services are outstanding and they always treat us like super VIPs. And that’s not because we spend thousands of dollars at the store each visit =P. Now my family has become good friends with them and I just want to make them cards to say thanks for everything.

This is the first card I made. 
This card was designed by Shari Carroll. I loved it so much that I had to make one as well. You can watch Shari's video tutorial to learn how to make this card yourself.

The background was stamped, heat embossed and then watercoloured using Distress Ink Reinkers.


This is the second card I made. 
It was also designed by Shari Carroll. However, but I can't remember where she showed this card, therefore I cannot link to it. I think it could have been from one of the online card classes I joined.
What makes this card unique is that the white floral background is stamped on a piece of acetate sheet. In real life you can see the white flowers floating on top of the beige background paper.

Here you can see the layers I created with the patterned paper.
1 - white card base
2 - black card stock
3 - beige card stock
4 - strip of black patterned paper
5 - acetate sheet (with white stamped floral pattern)
6 - peachy/salmon strip (with "ABSOLUTELY" die cut) and butterflies
7 - yellow strip (with "FABULOUS" stamped and heat embossed)
8 - die cut chipboard heart covered in Distressed Stain in Picket Fence
9 - twine bow

The butterflies were punched out using Martha Stewart's Butterfly Craft Punch.

This picture shows the reflection of the light off the acetate sheet at the top of the card.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment