Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Travel Tip #1

Since my blog is called Chering the Ryl Me I thought I'd share some of my other interests as well. Traveling is a huge part of my life. My parents love traveling and they've been taking me and my sister all over the globe since we were babies. So it was natural for me to love traveling as well. Like I mentioned in my last post I'm in Tokyo, Japan this time. I'll be here for 10 days and I think I'll use this opportunity to share some of my traveling tips with everyone. Each day I will share a tip and by the end of my trip I will have 10 different tips for you. = )

Travel Tip #1 - Fresh Smelling Clothes
It is very important that I look and smell my best all the time. I know it sounds weird, but that's just how I was raised. Every time I go on a vacation I will pull out all the clothes I'll be bringing and give them a wash first so they smell really clean and fresh. However, when you are on longer vacations your clothes will end up smelling not so fresh, even after only wearing it once. You could pay a bunch of money for the hotel to wash it for you. But who wants to waste that kinda money? You also could find a laundromat and wash the clothes yourself. But who wants to waste precious vacation time sitting in a laundromat? A quick fix that I use is spraying Lysol on my clothes after wearing them. In the LA area, you can find travel sized Lysol cans at Target. They are usually placed with the other travel sized things. (I know... I know... aerosol cans cans are not allowed in your luggage, but who doesn't bring them onto planes? I do it all the time and so far it's been fine.) Besides, it's a small bottle you are carrying so even if you get caught and they confiscate it it's only a few bucks you are losing. Anyway, back on topic, each night after you return to the hotel, hang up your clothes and then give your them a quick and light spray of Lysol. You don't need a lot. Just a fine mist over the front and back of your shirt/pants is good enough. This will keep your clothes smelling fresh without having to wash them. **Disclaimer - I have only tried it on my t-shirts and jeans. Be VERY careful when you use the spray on other delicate fabric, it could ruin your clothes, I don't know for sure...**


That's it for today, I'm super exhausted from waking up early this morning and from the really long flight.

Thanks for visiting,
Cheryl ~

No comments:

Post a Comment